Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Prologue to the adventure.

I read a post asking what got readers into flipping.
Here's my answer;

1. My aunt.  She was an antique dealer, she's not gone, just not really a dealer anymore.  Seeing the treasures she found, the depth and breadth of knowledge, and, of course, the profits makes the subject very enticing.

2. About 3 years ago I wanted to buy a car for fun.  Track, street, whatever... a fun car.  I wanted a miata but was a bit short on the funds to get one I liked.  I purged the house of stuff that would have value to others, but less to me.  2 months, and about $2000 later, I realized how fun it was.


...fast forward to about 2 months ago, I got back into it, wanting to get a bit more cash flow, and pay some stuff off.  Nothing crazy yet, but the emphasis on making some real money starts today.

It's a bit more of a running start than I would like to do.  I had 3 auctions sell on ebay today for $197.  So as far as profit goes, I'll count it.  Minus whatever shipping will be (I did free shipping), and eBay and paypal fees.

I also have a few bucks in inventory up, out of pocket cost maybe $30.  So in a few days I'll settle the books and tell you where I'm at.

So, from admittedly a running go.  I hope to profit about $1000 this month, including what I have up now.  Then, let's see if I can double it next month with rolling profits back in.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment